WHAT TO THINK ABOUT IF YOU’RE CONSIDERING TAKING YOUR COMPANY PUBLIC
Earlier this month, CFO Squad’s Chief Operating Officer Jay Cardwell and Senior Manager Yoni Novak shared their professional insights into the process of preparing for an Initial Public Offering (IPO) with Richard Solomon on his “Taking Care of Business” national radio show.
Among the topics they discuss:
- The essential role the CFO (or outsourced CFO services provider) plays
- The two roads to equity financing
- The #1 hurdle to preparing for an IPO
- Why go public—and why not?
- Additional responsibilities of being a public company
- An overview of the auditing process
- Reverse acquisitions (buying a public company)
- How long it typically takes to go public
- Other types of financial statement audits
- The hidden costs of debt agreements with derivatives
Mr. Cardwell is an expert in SEC financial reporting and tax compliance. Mr. Novak serves his clients in his CPA role by streamlining and designing expert internal reporting systems. Together, they bring their experience of
“countless audits” to the table.
The recording of the full November 9th interview is provided here: